We are glad you chose to visit our web pages.
(information requirements according to art. 13 of the GDPR)
Controller for the data collection and processing described below is:
Wenzel Marine GmbH & Co. KG
CEO: Volker Wenzel
Rodendamm 25 · 28816 Stuhr-Brinkum
T +49 (0) 421-95925-0
For simple informational use of our website, without further registration and unless you otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary in order for us to correctly display our website and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 lit. f of the GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software.
1. Furthermore, cookies are stored on your computer when using the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive in the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make our website more user-friendly and effective.
- a) This website uses the following types of cookies, their scope and function are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
- b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
- d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse to accept third party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
2. This information is stored separately from any other data we may have. The data of the cookies is not linked to your other data.
3. You can object to this and future data processing at any time.
- In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we provide various services that you can use if you are interested. For this you must generally provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service. If it is possible to provide additional voluntary information, these fields are marked accordingly.
- When you contact us via email or the contact form, your email address and, if provided, your name and your telephone number will be stored by us to enable us to answer your questions.
- We will not pass on your personal data to third parties.
- In some cases we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us in writing. They must follow our instructions and we carry out regular checks. The service providers will not pass on your personal data to third parties. If these service providers are based in the USA, we will inform you of this in connection with the respective functions. This data processing is carried out in accordance with the applicable legal regulations.
- We have integrated YouTube videos on our web pages, which are stored on www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in the "extended data protection mode", i.e. no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in section 2 be transmitted. We have no influence over this data transmission.
- When you visit the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data described in section 3 of this policy will be transmitted. This takes place irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly linked to your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out (even for users that are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles; you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as requests you send to us as a site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line. If SSL encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
The personal data of the data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply. Furthermore, data may be stored if this has been stipulated by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other provisions to which the Controller is subject. The data will also be blocked or deleted if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless there is a requirement for further storage of the data for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract.
We use external service providers for the technical and organisational processing, with whom we have corresponding order processing contracts in accordance with art. 28 of the GDPR. These are e.g. service providers for web hosting, sending emails, maintenance and care of our IT systems etc.
Your data will be stored for as long as it is absolutely necessary to achieve the respective purpose, but for no longer than is required by legal regulations (e.g. under commercial law we are obliged to keep business letters, including emails, for 10 years).
As soon as the storage purpose ceases to apply or a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned regulations expires, the personal data is routinely blocked or deleted.
In this section we would like to inform you in detail about your rights.
- Right to information
You have the right to request information from us at any time as to whether we are processing personal data relating to you. If this is the case, you are entitled to information as set out in the provisions of art. 15 para. 1 of the GDPR.
You have the right to request information as to whether your personal data is being transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. In this context, you may request to be informed of the appropriate guarantees pursuant to art. 46 of the GDPR in connection with the transmission.
- Right of correction
Furthermore, according to art. 16 of the GDPR, you have the right to request that we correct any of your incorrect personal data without delay. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you also have the right to request that we complete any incomplete personal data, including by means of a supplementary declaration.
- Right to deletion ("right to be forgotten")
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal data immediately. We are obliged to comply with this request to delete personal data unless we are legally obliged or entitled to the further processing of your data. For further details, please refer to art. 17 of the GDPR.
- Right to limit processing
You have the right to request that we restrict processing if the legal requirements according to § 18 of the GDPR are met.
- Right to information
Pursuant to art. 19 of the GDPR, if you have exercised your right to correct, delete or limit the processing, we are obliged to inform all recipients to whom your personal data has been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or restriction of the processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data transferability
If your data is processed by us with your consent or on the basis of a contract, you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, conventional and machine-readable format. You also have the right to pass this data on to another Controller, provided that the legal provisions of art. 20 of the GDPR are fulfilled.
- Right to object - right to object in individual cases
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data under article 6(1)(e) or (f) of the GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. We shall no longer process your personal data, unless we can prove compelling grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right to object to the processing of data for direct advertising purposes
If your personal data is processed for direct advertising purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is associated with such direct advertising.
If you object to the processing for direct advertising purposes, your personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You have the possibility of exercising your right to object in connection with the use of information society services, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC, by means of automated procedures using technical specifications.
- Right to revoke the data protection declaration of consent
You have the right to revoke your data protection declaration of consent at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
- Automated decision-making in individual cases including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling, which has a legal effect against you or significantly affects you in a similar manner. This does not apply if the decision:
a) is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between you and the Controller,
b) is admissible under Union or Member State legislation to which the Controller is subject and which contains appropriate measures to safeguard your rights, freedoms and legitimate interests; or
c) takes place with your express consent.
However, these decisions may not be based on special categories of personal data pursuant to art. 9 para. 1 of GDPR, unless art. 9 para. 2 lit. a or g applies and appropriate measures have been taken to protect your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests.
With regard to the cases mentioned in a. and c., the Controller shall take appropriate measures to protect the rights and freedoms, as well as your legitimate interests, including at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person by the Controller, to state their own position and to challenge the decision.
- Right to appeal
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State in which you reside, work or suspect of infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data is contrary to the GDPR.
The supervisory authority at which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant of the status and results of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy under article 78 of the GDPR.
The supervisory authority responsible for us is:
The State Commissioner for Data Protection of Lower Saxony
(Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz Niedersachsen)
Prinzenstr. 5 · 30159 Hanover
T +49 (0511) 120 45 00
F +49 (0511) 120 45 99
Insofar as not already mentioned in the individual processing under the previous paragraphs, below are the legal bases for which we carry out the data processing.
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, art. 6 para. 1 lit. a of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis.
In the processing of personal data required for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures.
Insofar as the processing of personal data is required to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, art. 6 para. 1 lit. c of the GDPR serves as the legal basis.
In the event that the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, article 6(1)(d) of the GDPR serves as the legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the former interest, article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing.
Wenzel Marine GmbH & Co. KG
Rodendamm 25 · 28816 Stuhr-Brinkum
T +49 (0) 421-95925-0